Ubud Art Market locally referred to as Pasar Seni Ubud is located opposite the the Puri Saren Royal Ubud Palace and is open daily. Here you can find beautiful silk scarves, lightweight shirts, handmade woven bags, baskets or hats, statues, kites and many other hand crafted goods. Most of the goods found at the Ubud Market are made in the neighboring villages of Pengosekan, Tegallalang, Payangan and Peliatan.
The location of Ubud Art Market which is center among the art producing villages, and being just opposite the royal palace which is a center point to Ubud itself, make it a strategic shopping place for Balinese handicrafts and souvenirs. The price at this market is reasonable as you smart to bargain the price range of the souvenir here is between IDR 50,000 until IDR 200,000. The market also serves as a setting for the Hollywood movie Eat Pray Love, which shows a scene where actress Julia Roberts opposite a male character strolling through the stalls which are frequently visited by foreign and domestic visitors in real life.
Naturally, bargaining is essential. A holiday in Bali always calls for some sort of shopping for souvenirs or memorabilia of the trip, and the best place to make the search would be in the artistic central region of the island, namely Ubud and its Ubud Art Market. Bali art markets in general are always on itinerary lists especially as the various items sold are typically Balinese, unique and some unavailable elsewhere.
In Ubud case, most visitors favorite leisure includes easy strolls to the heart of the town, made possible by footpaths that virtually pass every aspect of Balinese culture and life. Ubud Art Market is one among the laid-back strolls, reachable from the Wanara Wana Monkey Forest Sanctuary just down south, an approximate kilometer from the market. Shopping here is not always about an actual purchase.
Viewing the various items on display from one stall to another is a highlight on its own, showing the craftsmanship and the artistry of the Balinese. Admiring all the shops and stalls usually cannot be accomplished in one day. So if you spot an item of your interest, you might come back another day to bargain or settle the deal. Compared to art markets in Bali other main tourism destinations such as Kuta, Ubud Art Market can be considered to feature higher quality items and a larger mixture.
Although beach cloths and shirts printer with Bali on them, and ikat woven skirts, Balinese style paintings, woodcarvings and woven baskets can be found almost everywhere on the island, items ranging from quadruple colored bohemian skirts of satin, Moroccan-style oil lamps, quilt-stitched batik camisoles and brass Buddha statuettes, are somewhat the staple, typical of the market curios.
Ubud Art Market offers not only exemplary Balinese items, but rather a universal and international assortment, catering to visitors of all tastes. The items found here also tend to of a higher artistic value compared to other art markets such as Kuta. Prices vary depending on your bargaining skills, haggling is expected and indeed encouraged as part of the fun of shopping, but do so politely and with a smile.
It is often helpful to decide upon the most you want to pay for an item before you start bargaining. Unlike the various shops aligning the Monkey Forest road, most stalls at Ubud Art Market bear no barcode or set price, so start bargaining which is a customary. Start at about half the asking price and go up till a compromise is reached. Refrain from buying anything if it is the first day of your holiday.
Do a little survey while you are enjoying your first day and get accustomed with the prices. Ubud Art Market is open daily from 08:00 to 18:00, and some of the stalls are even open until late at night. The market is divided into two main allotments. The western block is the main art market, and an eastern block is a traditional market serving daily groceries and necessities.
- Bali ATV Ride and Spa Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Ubud Tour Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Uluwatu Tour Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Kintamani Tour Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Tanah Lot Tour Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Bali Swing Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Ayung Rafting Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Melangit Rafting Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Telaga Waja Rafting Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Cycling Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Trekking Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Bird Park Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Seawalker Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Safari Park Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Watersport Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Camel Safari Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and River Tubing Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Horse Riding Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Elephant Ride Packages
- Bali ATV Ride and Dinner With Elephant
- Bali ATV Ride and Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bali ATV Ride and Jimbaran Seafood Dinner
- Bali ATV Ride + Cycling + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + Trekking + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + Seawalker + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + Bird Park + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + Watersport + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + Safari Park + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + River Tubing + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + Camel Safari + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + Horse Riding + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + Elephant Ride + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + Ayung Rafting + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + Melangit Rafting + Spa
- Bali ATV Ride + Telaga Waja Rafting + Spa
- Bali Cycling
- Bali Bird Park
- Bali Seawalker
- Bali Watersport
- Bali River Tubing
- Bali Camel Safari
- Bali Horse Riding
- Bali Spa Packages
- Bali Elephant Ride
- Bali Melangit Rafting
- Bali Telaga Waja Rafting
- Bali Ayung River Rafting
- Bali Sunset Dinner Cruise
- Bali Mount Batur Trekking
- Bali Jungle Hopper Packages
- Bali Jimbaran Seafood Dinner
- Dinner With The Great Elephant